Friday, March 26, 2010

Live for Christ on the Streets


We believe that God changes lives of people. We rejoice and are glad when street youth or some of our students give their lives to Christ. I think one of the hard things to do for street youth is to accept Christ while still on the streets because of the myriads of temptations they face, especially glue. It is even harder for street girls who are always easy prey for guys.

It was yesterday when I went to Eastleigh and was able to visit the 12th Street base. While there I learned that the boys have had night fights and some of them got badly injured. I gave them some advice on how to avoid more fights by asking them to report to Police and telling them how.

When I got back to the Center, Larry and the other team members asked me to baptize one of the street girls who had come for the Wednesday program. As i talked to her, I could smell the breath of glue from her, but she was ready to start a new life. During our prayer, I asked God to help her to remain faithful as she tries to live a good life in a bad area. Margaret Wanjiru is now a changed person in heart. The challenges on the streets remain and we hope she commits to live for Christ - no matter what. Please pray for power for her to continue in faith and a faithful life.

from Francis Mbuvi

No comments: