Thursday, April 2, 2015

MITS Graduates with Joy

Darlene and I are at the Nairobi Java House at Thika Road Mall.  We sat down and ordered coffee and a croissant (life is so much nicer in Nairobi these days - in the 23 years we have been here, we have seen many changes).  Then Francis Ndungu stepped out of the kitchen to greet us with a smile. He began working here about a month ago after graduating from MITS in December.  He says that he is preparing lunches for the employees at Java House.  I ask him if they like his cooking and he says "yes."  He says, "They ask me where I learned to cook like this."

Thanks, Magdalene and others who work with our catering program.  They are doing well, and our graduates are finding happy places to work.  Here is a pic I took of Francis as we talked.  You can also see Darlene's broken arm!  She is doing well and managing most everything by herself now.  I still get to do the dishes and open jars.
Peace and HOPE to all,

charles

No comments: