Monday, May 11, 2009

Passover is True


We celebrated Passover at Made in the Streets!  We did a Christian Seder Service, exactly one full moon after the real Passover date.  The kids and Team loved it, a great experience for us all.  These kids from the streets know they were in Egypt and that God redeemed them with his might hand.  When we did the "dayenu" (where the people of God, who formerly grumbled and complained, decide that God has done enough, that we are content -- it means "it's enough"), many of the students wanted to share.  We state it as "If God had only _______, it would have been enough."  The classic statements are "If God had only called Abraham..."  or "If God had only redeemed us from Egypt..." or "If God had only sent the prophets..." and in the Christian Seder, "If God had only sent His Son..." or "If God had only sent out the apostles.."  For our kids, it went like this:
  Moses Mwangi said, "If God had only provided food every day...and I'm at Made in the Streets"
  George Mwenda said, "If God had only given me  sponsor, and food every day, and life, and getting baptized."
  Abdi Isaac said, "If God had only given me these people (and he included us all in his circle), my family here."
  Anastacis Njoki said, "My life now is prosperous and pleasant."
  Joseph Mburu said, "I can eat every day."
  Several said such things as "I am living at MITS" and "I am not living on the streets."
  Sara Aono said, "I don't have to live on the streets and I am safe from evil things."
  Augustina (one of our staff at Eastleigh) said, "If God had only given us Charles and Darlene back." (they do know how to make us feel good).  

There is much that God has done....and IT IS ENOUGH! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We all have so many blessings to be thankful for...let us not take any of them for granted.
Praise God!