Sunday, July 12, 2009

We Arrived

We are finally back, and some here for the first time. We left Irving excited to see friends and arrived in Nairobi jumping at the sight of Jackton and 4 boys waving franticly through the glass windows. We are very grateful that all bags arrived on time with us and all materials were still inside.

The welcome was overwhelming last night as we arrived at the girl's dorm. While we were sitting in the bus waiting for the gate to open we were greeted with loud chants from the girls. Then once we got out of the bus we were literally mobbed with hugs. I don't remember who all I hugged because girls were hanging from each limb of my body. We felted truly loved.

This morning we had the pleasure of attending church here at the learning center. To really understand the voices, the songs, the smiles, the hand shakes, and the wonder of God there is only one thing I can say....you must come visit! It does not matter if we understood the language or not we all found ourselves singing the beautiful words of God, in swahili. A group of the girls got up and sang a tribal song that spoke of heaven. While being surrounded in their precious voices all I could think of was "wow, these are my beautiful sisters and one day we will be in heaven together." I feel at home here.

Molly

No comments: